Sunday, November 4, 2007

More devoted to the spirit than the law

I read this piece in the NY Times magazine today:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/04/magazine/04lives-t.html

It was the Lives of the Times column, called "Son of the South" by Robert LeLeux, and part of it reminded me of some of the things we talked about at our last meeting, specifically about the Catholic Church.

Another thing I saw today was a bumper sticker that said, "God Bless the Whole World- No Exceptions!"

Looking forward to seeing you all on Thursday.

2 comments:

Mary said...

read it...liked it. His description of his life at home reminded me of The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood.
Somewhat along the same line I met someone at a party this afternoon who said she is Catholic, but according to her she wouldn't be caught dead in a church unless someone is in a white dress of in a casket. Guess she doesn't like the music.

Tracey said...

Nice text-to-text connection, reading teacher.